Wednesday 12 December 2012

Oreo Cupcakes




I've found a new love.  I actually can't believe with a sweettooth like mine I had never tried it before. 
But with the invention of the Smore's Cupcake I had tested Marshmallow Fluff instead of using icing and well now I find
it in my cupboard again just waiting to be used.  I thought this time I would try out my Smores cake made with a different cookie crumb. 
Oreo's :)  

Oreo Cupcakes

Ingredients:

115g (1 1/2 cups) Oreo Cookies crushed into a fine crumb
57g (3/4 cups) all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch of salt
125g (1 /2 cup) butter
200g (3/4 cup) sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
175 ml (3/4 cup) whole milk

Top with Icing of your choice.  I've used Marshmallow Fluff and an Oreo Cookie.  They would taste lovely with Buttercream icing as well.

Method:

Preheat Oven to 175C / 350F / Gas Mark 4

In a bowl, whisk together oreo crumbs, flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar and beat on high speed until very light and fluffy.  The mixture should look almost like whipped cream.  I have a stand mixer and this takes approx 5 minutes with my mixer.

In a cup, combine the eggs and vanilla and whisk together.  Reduce the speed to low and add the egg mixture slowly just a bit at a time.

By hand, stir in flour and milk.  Start with 1/3 of the flour, then 1/2 milk, then 1/3 flour, etc.  Stiring each time just until combined.  You want to keep the mixture light and airy.

Spoon into your baking cases and bake for 20 minutes.

Cool completely before decorating. 


 












No comments:

Post a Comment