Tuesday 18 September 2012

Double Doozies





I love homemade from scratch cakes and usually that is what I bake.  But ( dare I say it?) I like Betty Crocker Cakes too.  I usually have at least one filling the cabinet for those last minute, off the cuff bakes.  Today I was in the mood for a Double Doozie so I decided to make them with my box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Swirl Cake Mix.  

If your not familiar, Double Doozies where made famous by The Great American Cookie Company and are simply 2 cookies sandwiched together with a buttercream frosting filling.  They are as indulgent as they sound and would be a challenge to finish a whole one :)  To make things easier you could make mini versions.  

To make these, first I made cookies from my cake mix.  To do this I used one box of Betty Crocker Chocolate Swirl Cake mix and went ahead and tipped all the chocolate into the mix.  Add 2 eggs and 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil and blend well.  Spoon mixture onto cookie sheets and bake at 170C (340F) for 10 - 15 minutes.  Let cool for 1 minute then transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.  Once cool fill cookies with Buttercream Icing and sandwhich together.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment