Monday 16 July 2012

Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake

As my pint of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough sits melting on the counter I admit part of me feels a bit nervous about this experiment. I woke up today with an itch to try something new.  At the weekend I had bought a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream and a box of Sainbury's Chocolate Fudge Cake mix. 


And I've just got to thinking what would happen if I mixed the two together?  Well we will soon find out..........


For my cake I first, as stated above, melted a Pint of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream.  I left it on the counter for 30 minutes in the tub then tipped the contents into a mixing bowl and left for a further 30 minutes.  




I gave the Ice Cream a good stir then tipped in a box of Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix.  I happened to have the mix in my cupboard so this is what I used, but I would think if you have a favorite from scratch cake recipe you could use the dry ingredients to achieve similar results.  I'll try this and update the post in the future, but for today we are using a box mix.  





Then I added 3 eggs to the mix.  You don't need to add any liquids or oils as there is enough liquid and fat, etc in the ice cream. 

 Gave it all a very good mix and then scooped into my muffin cases and baked for 20 mins at 160C.







 I topped with Chocolate Buttercream Icing and a few Chocolate Chips and they came out absolutely delicious.  

I think my favorite thing about this experiment is the possibilities are endless.  I've used Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream and Chocolate Cake. But what about a fusion of Mint Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Cake, or Cherry Garcia and a Vanilla Cake or Strawberry Cheesecake and Vanilla?  Why not have a go with your favorite flavour combination? 




















No comments:

Post a Comment