Tuesday 8 May 2012

Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Coffee Mug


Today I came across the most bizarre cake recipe I think I have ever seen.  I had to give it a go.  I completely expected to write it off as a complete waste of time and disgusting.  After all, its technically not even baked, its made in the microwave.  But shockingly I was impressed.  This recipe produced a moist delicious chocolate cake for me and my children to share in less than 5 minutes.  So strange and surprisingly good I had to share.  I hope you give it a go and let me know what you think :)




Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Coffee Mug



Ingredients

1 large coffee mug
4 tablespoons plain flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional, but I did use them in the cake pictured)
Small splash of vanilla

Method

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well
Add egg and mix
Add milk and oil and mix well
Add chocolate chips if using and vanilla and mix

Cook in microwave for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes (1000 watt microwave), you will need to adjust this cooking time according to your microwave.

I have a 1000 watt microwave and mine was done in 2 1/2 minutes

Cake will rise above the top of the mug, this is normal.

Remove and allow to cool then tip out onto a plate.

I didn't use any grease or flour in my mug and the cake tipped out easily after cooling for a couple of minutes.

Try drizzling with chocolate syrup and or topping with whipped cream.

Serves 2 (or 1 mum and 2 hungry toddlers :))

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment